For Immediate release!
JULIEN’S AUCTIONS AND MUSICARES® CHARITY RELIEF AUCTION AN OFFICIAL 64TH ANNUAL GRAMMY® WEEK EVENT ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL HEADLINING ITEMS FOR OFFER
MusiCares Person of the Year 2022 Honoree Joni Mitchell’s Artist Proof Print of Her Original Painting of Jimi Hendrix
Keith Richards Signed Black Gibson Gloss Acoustic Electric Guitar with NFT Video of Richards Signing the Guitar – First NFT from the Rolling Stones Guitar Legend and Julien’s Auctions Up for Auction
Paul McCartney Signed Hofner B-Bass Hi Series Violin Bass Guitar
BTS Signed Epiphone 56 Les Paul Pro Electric Guitar Joins BTS’ Custom-Made “Dynamite” 63rd Annual GRAMMY® Awards Performance Ensembles on Auction Podium
Bono’s Handwritten Lyrics to U2 Song “Your Song Saved My Life” from Sing 2 Soundtrack
Tom Petty Signed Gibson ES- 355 Bigsby VOS Electric Acoustic Guitar with Tom Petty and the Wildflowers Ultra Deluxe Edition Box Set–Only 500 Box Sets Published
Harry Styles Signed Gibson ES-335 Electric Acoustic Guitar, Ozzy Osbourne Signed Black Leather Knee-Length Coat, Chris Stapleton’s Handwritten Lyrics of “Broken Halos” on a Fender Player Telecaster Guitar, and a Special Item from the Estate of Chris Cornell Added to Star-Studded Lineup of Auction Items from Dave Gahan, Depeche Mode, deadmau5, Demi Lovato, Dolly Parton, James Hetfield, Jason Aldean, Jeff Beck, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lionel Richie, Machine Gun Kelly, Slash, Scott Weiland, Tim McGraw and More; Plus, The Ultimate 64th GRAMMY® Awards Telecast Experience Offering Two Platinum-Level Seats to the Telecast at Staples Center in Los Angeles Up for Auction
All Proceeds Benefit MusiCares, the Leading Music Charity
SUNDAY, JANUARY 30TH, 2022
Los Angeles, California – (December 7th, 2021)
– Julien’s Auctions announced today additional marquee items added to the celebrity lineup of instruments, memorabilia, wardrobe, artwork, and more to be sold at MUSICARES® CHARITY RELIEF AUCTION
taking place live in Beverly Hills and online at juliensauctions.com
on Sunday, January 30th, 2022
This Official GRAMMY® Week event precedes the 64th Annual GRAMMY® Awards telecast. Proceeds will benefit MusiCares, the leading music industry charity, which provides the music community a support system of health and human services across a spectrum of need including physical and mental health, addiction recovery, unforeseen personal emergencies and disaster relief.
Headed to the auction is a Keith Richards signed Gibson ES-335 in Ebony that includes a one-of-a-kind four second video authenticating his signature taken at Germano Studios. Photo and video credit © Jane Rose. The Gibson ES-335 is the cornerstone of the Gibson ES line-up. From its inaugural appearance in 1958, the Gibson ES-335 set an unmatched standard. With impeccable sounds across its wide-ranging tonal palette, the ES-335 can be found in the hands of jazz, blues, and rock players all over the globe. SKU ES33500EBNH1 S/N: 211310255. Donated by Gibson Gives (estimate $6,000 - $8,000).
Another highlight hitting the auction stage will be from another music legend from the most important band in rock history: Paul McCartney. The Beatles legend is offering this signed sunburst Hofner brand B-Bass Hi Series violin bass guitar (photo right) (estimate: $4,000 - $6,000). McCartney helped make the Hofner violin bass guitar famous by the 1960s’, as it was one of his main bass guitars that he played with The Beatles, notably at the Apple Rooftop concert and the Let It Be album recording sessions.
BTS who kicked off the initiative with the auction announcement of their custom made ensembles (estimate: $30,000 - $50,000), worn in their unforgettable performance of their smash hit song “Dynamite” filmed from Seoul, South Korea at the 63rd annual GRAMMY® Awards ceremony that aired on March 14th, 2021, will additionally be offering to the auction an Epiphone brand 56 Les Paul Pro ebony electric guitar signed by the band members RM, Jin, SUGA, j-hope, Jimin and V on the body, and Jung Kook on the pickguard (estimate: $4,000 - $6,000) (photo left). Another previously announced BTS item on offer is a group of three unique rings worn by j-hope (estimate: $2,000 - $4,000).
MusiCares Person Of The Year 2022 Honoree Joni Mitchell’s work will also be showcased in the auction with her offering of the artist proof print of her original oil painting of music icon, Jimi Hendrix (estimate: $2,000 - $4,000) (photo left). This artist’s proof will be signed and framed by Joni Mitchell. “I have always thought of myself as a painter derailed by circumstance,” she said in 2000. “I sing my sorrow and I paint my joy.”
Other sensational highlights include (with estimates):
- Bono’s handwritten lyrics to U2’s new song “Your Song Saved My Life” from the upcoming Sing 2 animated movie coming out in December starring Scarlett Johansson, Bono, Reese Witherspoon and others ($4,000 - $6,000).
- Gene Simmons’ two limited-edition pieces of original artwork: Immortal, a 30 x 22 inches red, silver and black hand pulled screenprint signed and numbered AP 3/50 framed ($1,000 - $2,000) and Skull Candy, a 21 x 35 inches mixed media multiple silk screen and giclee print of a skull suspended in a shadow box frame signed and numbered AP 3/35 framed ($1,000 - $2,000) (photo below).
- A class white Gibson brand ES-355 Bigsby VOS electric acoustic guitar donated by Gibson Gives and signed by Tom Petty when he was being honored as MusiCares Person of the Year in 2017. Petty has played a number of various Gibson brand guitars and bass instruments throughout his career, including acoustic-electric models like the ES 355. The guitar is accompanied with a Tom Petty and the Wildflowers 9LP DTC Ultra Deluxe edition box set complete with a unique and hand-made necklace by Maria Sarno, a lyric book with illustrations by Blaze Brooks (exclusive for the set), a litho print of photo of Tom Petty, a 7” of “You Don’t Know How It Feels,” tour program, stickers and more (photo below). Only 500 box sets were published ($6,000 - $8,000).
- A gold Gibson ES-335 electric acoustic guitar signed by Harry Styles with the inscription “All my Love” and a heart symbol, “Watermelon Sugar” (2019, 2020) 7” pink colored record single inscribed “All my love to you Treat people with kindness” signed by Styles and threecolor Polaroid- like photographs from the photo shoot for the song’s music video ($3,000 - $5,000).
- A black leather knee-length coat signed by Ozzy Osbourne four times in white marker on the back of the inside of the jacket ($1,000 - $2,000) (photo below).
- Chris Stapleton’s handwritten lyrics of “Broken Halos” inscribed on a polar white Fender Player Telecaster guitar ($2,000 - $4,000). (photo below).
- A special item donated by the Chris Cornell Estate.
The star-studded pieces join a dazzling array of previously announced one-of-a-kind items being offered at this exclusive charity auction from music legends including Dave Gahan, Depeche Mode, deadmau5, Demi Lovato, Dolly Parton, James Hetfield, Jason Aldean, Jeff Beck, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lionel Richie, Machine Gun Kelly, Slash, Scott Weiland, Tim McGraw and more. A lucky music fan will also have the chance to win at the auction The Ultimate 64th GRAMMY® Awards Telecast experience which includes two platinum-level seats to the telecast on Sunday, April 3rd, 2022 at Staples Center in Los Angeles (estimate: $10,000 - $20,000).
The auction will start closing in real time and in lot order for live bidding at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time on January 30th, 2022.
MusiCares helps the humans behind music because music gives so much to the world. Offering preventive, emergency, and recovery programs, MusiCares is a safety net supporting the health and welfare of the music community. Founded by the Recording Academy in 1989 as a U.S. based 501(c)(3) charity, MusiCares safeguards the well-being of all music people through direct financial grant programs, networks of support resources, and tailored crisis relief efforts. For more information please visit: www.MusiCares.org.
JULIEN'S AUCTIONS PUBLIC EXHIBITION & LIVE AUCTION LOCATION
Julien's Auctions Beverly Hills
257 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Exhibition: Monday, January 24th - Friday, January 28th, 2022
Daily: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Free to the Public
JULIEN'S AUCTIONS LIVE AND ONLINE AUCTION
MusiCares® Charity Relief Auction
An Official 64th GRAMMY® Week Event
SUNDAY, JANUARY 30TH, 2022
Session I: 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time
MORE PRESS RELEASES
For hi res images at 300 dpi (and above), please email requests to: email@example.com
For Inquiries, Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 310-836-1818.
Register to bid
Registration is required to bid in this live auction and can be done online before the sale at the JuliensAuctions.com Registration page to bid by phone, proxy or online at JuliensLive.com/signup/ to bid live online, or by calling (310) 836-1818.
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE AUCTIONS
Registration is required to bid in this online exclusive auction and can be done online before the sale at JuliensLive.com/signup/ to bid live online, or by calling (310) 836-1818.
There are four ways to bid in Live Auctions:
- Bid with Julien's Auctions online and live in real time at JuliensLive.com or via our iPhone App.
- Bid over the telephone with an auction house representative.
- Bid in person in the room at our auction events.
- Bid in advance by absentee bid. Absentee bid forms are printed in the back of each catalogue, and are also available by calling Julien's Auctions or online by visiting www.juliensauctions.com/register-to-bid.
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE AUCTIONS
- Bid in advance by absentee bid online at JuliensLive.com.
- Bid with Julien's Auctions online and live in real time at JuliensLive.com or via our iPhone App in lot order on the concluding day of the auction.
For hi res images at 300 dpi (and above), please email requests to: email@example.com.
About Julien's Auctions
Julien’s Auctions is the auction house to the stars. Collaborating with the famous and the exclusive, Julien’s Auctions produces high profile auctions in the film, music, art and sports markets.
Julien’s Auctions has received international recognition for its unique and innovative auction events, which attract thousands of collectors, investors, fans and enthusiasts from around the world. Julien’s Auctions specializes in sales of iconic artifacts and notable collections including Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Lady Gaga, Banksy, Cher, Michael Jackson, U2, Barbra Streisand, Les Paul, Neil Young, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Jimi Hendrix, Hugh Hefner, Pelé and many more.
In 2016, Julien’s realized $5 million in the historic auction of the Brazilian soccer icon, three-time World Cup Champion and FIFA Player of the Century’s collection of memorabilia, personal property and awards, which featured the sale of Pelé’s 3 World Cup Gold medals, sold for a combined total of US $970,992 (£674,300),
including his 1970 World Cup winner’s medal sold for $427,100 (£346,000), which set world records for the most expensive Pelé item and the most expensive soccer medal ever sold at auction. In 2020, Julien’s shattered multiple records of sports jerseys sold at auction in the sale of a trio of historic #23 basketball
jerseys worn by Michael Jordan (his historic 1984 “Signing Day” official Chicago Bulls rookie #23 which sold for $320,000, a new world record sale for a jersey worn by the 14 Time All-Star and five-time MVP legend), Barack Obama (the forty-fourth U.S. President’s 1979 #23 Punahou School jersey which sold for
$192,000, a new world record selling price for a high school jersey) and Lebron James (the NBA legend’s 2003-2004 official Cleveland Cavaliers rookie year NBA jersey rookie season which sold for $128,000) which combined totaled $640,000 as well as Colin Kaepernick’s official San Francisco 49ers rookie jersey which
sold for $128,000, a new world record for most expensive NFL jersey sold at auction. Other notable Sports memorabilia sold by Julien’s Auctions include Babe Ruth’s 1938 Brooklyn Dodgers coaching uniform which sold for $187,500 and NASCAR legend Richard Petty’s 1974 Dodge Charger Daytona race-winning car
which sold for $500,000.
In 2016, Julien’s Auctions received its second placement in the Guinness Book of World Records for the sale of the world’s most expensive dress ever sold at auction, The Marilyn Monroe “Happy Birthday Mr. President” dress which sold for $4.8 million. Julien’s Auctions achieved placement in the Guinness Book of World
Records in 2009 for the sale of Michael Jackson’s white glove, which sold for $480,000 making it the most expensive glove ever sold at auction. In 2020, Julien’s Auctions received its third Guinness Book of World Record placement for the sale of Kurt Cobain’s “MTV Unplugged” 1959 Martin D-18E acoustic-electric guitar,
which sold for $6 million making it the world’s most expensive guitar ever sold at auction. In 2022, Julien’s Auctions sold the world’s second most expensive guitar ever sold at auction with Kurt Cobain’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” music video 1969 Fender Mustang electric guitar, which sold for $4.5 million.
Based in Los Angeles, Julien’s Auctions has a global presence bringing their auctions and exhibitions to targeted destinations worldwide including London, New York, Las Vegas, Japan and China. Live auctions are presented for bidders on-site and online via live streaming video and mobile technology. For more information on Julien’s Auctions, go to www.juliensauctions.com.
Connect with Julien’s Auctions at www.facebook.com/JuliensAuctions or www.twitter.com/JuliensAuctions
Download Press Release as PDF file