Property from the Life and Career of Sylvester Stallone
JULIEN’S AUCTIONS IS PROUD TO PRESENT OUR “PROPERTY FROM THE LIFE AND CAREER OF SYLVESTER STALLONE" AUCTION TAKING PLACE IN BEVERLY HILLS AND LIVE ONLINE AT JULIEN’S LIVE ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5th.
View Auction Results
Our "Property From The Life And Career of Sylvester Stallone" event will close out the auction house to the stars’ 2021 season with a blockbuster celebration of the pop culture icon and the most legendary action star of all time.
The exclusive auction event presenting the extraordinary collection of the international superstar and the Golden Globe Award-winning and Academy Award-nominated actor, screenwriter, fitness icon, author, artist and director’s most cherished treasures from his singular life and career, taking place on Sunday, December 5th at Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills and live online at juliensauctions.com
Click to Order Limited Edition Catalogue
On offer is a spectacular array of over 500 costumes, movie props, and memorabilia spanning his Hollywood blockbuster oeuvre of his most iconic films, entirely from Sylvester Stallone’s personal collection - the Rocky
movie franchises, Cliffhanger, Demolition Man, The Specialist, Assassins, Escape Plan, Cop Land
, and The Expendables
- as well as awards, fine jewelry, furniture, cigar accoutrement, and other gentlemen’s luxury items.
Born in New York City, New York, as Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone, on July 6, 1946, Sylvester Stallone’s early acting career in New York and Hollywood consisted of uncredited roles such as in Woody Allen’s 1971 film Bananas
starring Jane Fonda, until 1974 when he received attention for his role in the film drama, The Lords of Flatbush
But only two years later, Stallone would become not just an international Hollywood movie star but a pop culture icon in his breakthrough role as boxer Rocky Balboa, in Rocky
, the first film of the box office smash and iconic Rocky
series for which Stallone starred in and wrote the screenplays.
Although producers originally wanted a recognizable star to play the titular character, Stallone refused to sell the story unless he could star as the underdog boxer, Rocky Balboa, who would go on to win the world heavyweight championship title.
In addition to Stallone earning Golden Globe, BAFTA and Academy Award nominations for his acting and screenplay (and a total of ten Academy Award nominations for the film), Rocky
won the Best Picture Oscar as well as Oscars for Best Directing and Film Editing and went on to become the highest-grossing movie of 1976.
Considered a movie masterpiece, one of the best sports films of all time and a beloved favorite film worldwide, Rocky’s mythology includes its induction into the National Film Registry, the naming of the Philadelphia Museum of Art front entrance as the Rocky Steps where Rocky famously runs up to, a Rocky statue and several of the film’s props placed in the Smithsonian Museum.
Seven successful sequels from 1979 to 2018 followed and Stallone received his first Golden Globe Award and his third Oscar nomination as Best Supporting Actor for 2015’s Creed
, the critically acclaimed and box office hit spin-off installments where 40 years later, he reprises his iconic character Rocky Balboa who becomes a boxing trainer to the son of the ill-fated boxer Apollo Creed played by Michael B. Jordan.
In 1982, Stallone created another iconic character as ex-Green Beret John Rambo in First Blood
, the first film of his highly successful Rambo series: Rambo: First Blood Part II
(1985), Rambo III
(2008), and Rambo: Last Blood
(2019) and received a Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1984.
From the mid 1980s to the late 1990s, Stallone was one of Hollywood's highest-paid and most popular actors who developed a unique persona and individual presence like no other.
Known as “Sly,” Stallone’s famous workout and training regimens to achieve his spectacular physique that would be gloriously displayed in his films’ intense action sequences and stunts dazzled audiences around the world and became the stuff of legend in the international box office action film hits, Cobra
(1986), Tango & Cash
(1993), Demolition Man
(1993), The Specialist
(1995), Judge Dredd
(1995), and Get Carter
In 2005, Stallone released Sly Moves
, his guide to fitness and nutrition and a candid autobiography of his life and works. His passion and dedication to fitness and bodybuilding would be a hallmark of his long-standing career up until the present day where Stallone’s muscular power and age defying physical prowess continues to astound his legions of fans and the media.
A fitness icon and box office superstar, Stallone applied this same level of intensity to his craft in the writing or co-writing of his films’ screenplays such as, all of the Rocky
films (with the exception of Creed
), the five Rambo
installments, Cobra, Driven
, F.I.S.T, Rhinestone, Over the Top, Creed II
as well as co-writing the book for the 2014 Broadway musical adaptation of Rocky
, and taking on directing duties throughout his career from four Rocky films, Paradise Alley
(whose screenplay he wrote), 2008’s Rambo
to the Saturday Night Fever
sequel Staying Alive
starring John Travolta (whose screenplay he wrote); thus, displaying a diverse range of talent that set him apart from other stars of the era and today.
In 1997, Stallone starred in the crime drama Cop Land
, starring opposite Robert De Niro and Ray Liotta, and earned critical acclaim and awards for his role as an overweight sheriff.
In 2010, Stallone co-wrote, directed, and starred opposite action stars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Statham in the thriller The Expendables
about a team of mercenaries, which garnered over $34 million in its opening weekend as the No. 1 film in the U.S. box office and marked the biggest opening weekend in Stallone's career. It spawned another popular film franchise with its 2012 and 2014 sequels.
Auction highlights include numerous film items and iconography from the seminal 1976 Rocky film and subsequent sequels such as:
From the Rambo film franchise, an array of items will be offered including:
- Sylvester Stallone’s original handwritten notebooks filled with story development ideas for the first four films of the classic motion picture series Rocky;
- his boxing gloves from films such as Rocky III;
- and training boxing gloves from Rocky Balboa;
- as well as other boxing gloves from the Creed installments;
- the announcement card listing Rocky as the Best Picture winner at the 34th Annual Golden Globe Awards in 1977;
- original film poster concept artworks for Rocky by Tom Jung and Rocky IV by Drew Struzan; - the boxing mouth guard worn by Stallone as Rocky in the 1976 film;
- original artwork by Leroy Neiman of Hulk Hogan fighting Sylvester Stallone from the set of Rocky III;
- an acrylic shadowbox display featuring commemorative Rocky themed boxing shorts, produced for Planet Hollywood;
- a Sylvester Stallone signed boxing training pad from Creed;
- a Rocky II Leo Sewell sculpture; Air Jordan boxing boots from Creed and more.
Other action-packed items from Stallone’s biggest films will be featured such as:
- a collection of knives from the first three films of the blockbuster action series;
- a Sylvester Stallone signed Rambo: First Blood Part II original poster concept artwork by Renato Casaro;
- a John Rambo arrow quiver from Rambo: First Blood Part II;
- a headband worn by Stallone in Rambo: First Blood Part II;
- an original pre-production working script, with numerous handwritten notes and corrections, for Stallone's favorite installment of the Rambo film series, 2008’s Rambo;
- a Luminor Panerai watch worn in Rambo;
- the duffel bag used by Stallone as John Rambo in Rambo;
- the cross necklace worn by Stallone as John Rambo in Rambo;
- his combat boots worn in Rambo: Last Blood;
- a Sylvester Stallone signed “John Rambo” sweatshirt display from Rambo: First Blood;
- a stunt assault rifle prop from Rambo: First Blood II;
- a John Rambo machete from Rambo: Last Blood and others.
- a complete Gianni Versace designed costume and a helmet and face cast from Judge Dredd;
- a helmet and a knife necklace, throwing knives, and a Luminor Panerai watch used by Stallone as Barney Ross in The Expendables;
- a leather thumb brace with skull snaps screen-used and worn by Sylvester Stallone as Barney Ross in The Expendables 3;
- a crow sculpture with guns from The Expendables;
- a Sylvester Stallone Demolition Man sculpture;
- a stunt gun prop used by Sylvester Stallone as Robert Rath in Assassins;
- his sheriff uniform worn as his character Freddy Heflin in Cop Land;
- his prison uniform and boots worn by Stallone for his character Ray Breslin/Anthony Portos in Escape Plan;
- a Cliffhanger arm sculpture and more.
“Sylvester Stallone is one of the great icons and immense talents of the 20th and 21st century who is the epitome of a multi-hyphenated Hollywood superstar,” said Darren Julien, CEO/President of Julien’s Auctions. “With a remarkable career that began over 50 years ago and shows no sign of stopping today, he changed the world and the action film universe by giving us two of Hollywood’s greatest and most enduring heroes and cultural symbols, Rocky and Rambo. Julien’s Auctions is proud to present this epic auction that comes entirely from the personal collection of this magnanimous man, the myth, the legend, Sylvester Stallone.”
If you can't make it out to Beverly Hills to bid in person, you can still watch all the action as well as bid online at Julien's Live
View Auction Results
This limited catalogue and presentation box also provides an opportunity for a special keepsake for your collection.
Customers who purchased this item also bought...
Sports Legends Limited Edition Catalogue
Musicares Limited Edition Catalogue
Legends: Hollywood & Royalty Limited Edition Catalogue
From the Special Collection of Global Icon Janet Jackson